[Ekiga-list] ekiga refuses to register

Sampsa Riikonen sampsa.riikonen at iki.fi
Tue Aug 28 12:06:42 UTC 2007

2007/8/28, Julien Puydt <jpuydt at free.fr>:

> Sampsa Riikonen a écrit :
> > .. but could this be something more complicated?
>
> Well, ekiga sends request on a box, and never gets replies back, so
> things are pretty simple in fact :
> * either there are no replies (unlikely but possible) ;
> * or there are replies, but they don't find their way to ekiga (very
> likely).
>
> Notice that if you have a router, then you have a firewall...
>
> Snark

Resolved!

.. this was very weird.

In my router (HG536+) I found an option "ALG" and
"select ALG".  There was a checkbox with the optiont "SIP"
enabled.  I disabled it and.. now ekiga can register!

Maybe you can explain me this, please? (router took the
packets belonging SIP protocol or something like that?
.. I am just a simple man, dont know so much of these..)

Thanks.

Sampsa