[Ekiga-list] ekiga refuses to register

Sampsa Riikonen sampsa.riikonen at iki.fi
Tue Aug 28 11:53:19 UTC 2007

2007/8/28, Julien Puydt <jpuydt at free.fr>:

> Sampsa Riikonen a écrit :
>
> > I have a strange problem with ekiga.. it refuses to register.
> >
> > I have cross-checked my username and password several
> > times.  I am running ekiga on suse linux 10.2 behind a router
> > (with NAT).
> >
> > The password is not "too complicated" (as discussed in the wiki)..
> > it has only alphanumerical characters.  I am using the version 2.0.9.
> > and loaded the program from a suse repository.
> >
> > You can find the debugging output here:
> >
> > http://www.sc.ehu.es/swwriris/output.txt
>
> Ekiga sends request to subscribe, but never receives answers : firewall
> issue.
>
> Snark on #ekiga

Thank you Julien..

.. but could this be something more complicated?

I have tried my best to solve the router / firewall issues.

Ekiga detects automatically a "cone NAT" and is using stun.

I have also (just in case) forwarded the ports 5000-5100 (with NAT) of the
router
(HG536+) to my computer.  I do not have any firewalls configured..

.. I will keep on investigating.

Regards,

Sampsa