[Ekiga-list] [Advice ] Leadtek BVP 8882

michel memeteau michel.memeteau at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 21:28:12 UTC 2007

2007/8/22, Vincent Luba <vincent_luba at colombus.org>:

>  Hi,
>

> michel memeteau a écrit :
>

>  Hi I've found some videophone
> > Leadtek BVP 8882<http://www.priceminister.com/navigation/se/category/sa/kw/leadtek+visiophone>
> > To be sold for 30 $ , it's quite cheap but it might be locked in with
> > orange France.
> >
> > Do you people have already used this device ? it's said to do SIP as
> > well, but not sure about H264 .
> >
> >  If it does I should buy it right now then ..... I looked for a
> > grandstream 3000 , but semms like over 200$ ...
>

>   I used that phone at work, never had time to go through deep testing,
> but so far it is ok.
>

> It supports 3 SIP accounts, STUN, Picture-in-Picture, ... but you cannot
> change DTMF type (SIP Info, RFC2833, ...)

Hi thanks vincent for feedback , DTMF could be a bad issue , I was lokking
for update firmware on their site but could not find one.  3 accounts is OK
. I wish it could do H264 but H263 is really enough for my parents .

yannick they don't have a DSL so I'm trying to see if it's worth it ... DSL
is like 15 E/m ( if you take the "freebox only" so the 15 E for FT contract
is included ) . France telcom was selling this H323 service for 33 E/months
( All france lanlines call included )   ! and at first people had to pay 7
E/ months for the visiophone , now you can buy it for 49 Euros if you take
the 12 months contract.....

All this to say that their H323 video service was really expensive and not
opened to any call with another H323 client expet their Wanadoo visio ,
which is now replaced by ...... I let you guess -> http://im.orange.fr

The grandstream 3000 only support H264 (no H261)!

yes same problem as Xlite , they don't want to support H261 because it's
obsolete for them .... it would be a pity if my parents could not call Ekiga
stable !

Vincent

Michel memeteau
VOIP | Visio: sip:freechelmi at gizmoproject.com
Fixe : 0491886375 !!! APARTIR du 15/09/2007 -> 0811956494
Mobile : 0624808051
jabber/GoogleTalk : freechelmi at jabber.fr