[Ekiga-list] G729 codec

Jure Petrovic fonz at siol.net
Tue Aug 21 21:26:16 UTC 2007

Yes, I do have a working version of G.729 codec for Ekiga and it works
with Asterisk. The problem is that it just isn't optimal. As far as I
figured it out OPAL doesn't read the info structure correctly (bug or my
superficiality.)

I posted link to my code somewhere in that thread. It should still be
there :)

Instructions? I pretty much explained all problems with G.729 and OPAL
back then, but hey, if you can be more specific, i'll do my best :)

The catch is that I used IPP (intel performance primitives) library,
which binds you to certain architecture and certain license...

I also compiled pwlib, opal and ekiga myself, becuase I required OPAL
with dynamic loadable modules support.

Regards,
Jure