[Ekiga-list] sound output

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Thu Aug 9 07:36:38 UTC 2007

Hi List,

I'm using Ubuntu Feisty with Ekiga 2.0.3.  NB: I'm /very/ new to Ekiga,
and have yet to actually talk to anyone with it.

Is there a way to have Ekiga not hog the sound output while in a call?
Currently, it refuses to make the call if I have another application
producing sound.  Besides the obvious "Why are you using Ekiga and
listening to music?" it seems to me that this behavior is undesirable.
Particularly if I have other, legitimate sound events set up.  (The ones
that come to mind are from my instant messaging client, email
notification, and other quick notifier-esque applications.)

TIA,

Kevin