[Ekiga-list] ekiga dialing from a web browser

Catalin Catana catalin.catana at phpsolutions.ro
Thu Aug 2 07:46:44 UTC 2007

Julien Puydt wrote:
> Catalin Catana a écrit :
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to build web based complex address book  application.
>> I've registered the protocol h323: with the OS and it's running
>> ekiga with the following command:
>> ekiga -c "%s"

actually on windows xp registry i have ekiga.exe -c "%1" (i just
mentioned it to make it clear that
the h323 protocol was properly configured on my machine)
>> If ekiga is closed and i click on a link in my browser like h323:102
>> the OS will start ekiga using the above command and it will automatically
>> dial the 102 extension, which is exactly what i needed.
>>
>> Now if ekiga is already running and i'm clicking on the same link it's
>> trying to open a second instance which brings up the following error:
>> "Ekiga is running already !" instead of  dialing the 102 extension again.
>>

>> Is this a bug , or am i doing something wrong ????
>>

> It's not normal.
>

>> Is the following feature already build in ekiga or i'm trying to do
>> something
>> that doesn't have yet the proper support.
>>

> No, the support is supposedly there.
>

>> I just want to be able to click on links like "h323:extension" directly
>> from a web
>> browser and have ekiga automatically dial that extension.
>>

> Should work. Yannick had a nice trick to enable the same with a
> presence-enabled button (using SIP and not H.323 though) -- I'm sure
> he'll gladly post it in answer ;-)
>

>> P.S. I'm running ekiga on WinXP.
>> I'm using the latest (2.0.9-BETA) build provided on ekiga.org.
>>

> Ah! So that's it! Probably a bug in the win32 port. Vincent will
> certainly have a look.

I look forward to hear from Vincent.
> Don't we have 2.0.10beta there?

http://www.ekiga.org/index.php?rub=5&path=windows/windows
according to the above page the latest build for windows is 2.0.9-beta