[Ekiga-list] ekiga dialing from a web browser

Catalin Catana catalin.catana at phpsolutions.ro
Wed Aug 1 12:49:27 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to build web based complex address book  application.
I've registered the protocol h323: with the OS and it's running
ekiga with the following command:
ekiga -c "%s"

If ekiga is closed and i click on a link in my browser like h323:102
the OS will start ekiga using the above command and it will automatically
dial the 102 extension, which is exactly what i needed.

Now if ekiga is already running and i'm clicking on the same link it's
trying to open a second instance which brings up the following error:
"Ekiga is running already !" instead of  dialing the 102 extension again.

Is this a bug , or am i doing something wrong ????
Is the following feature already build in ekiga or i'm trying to do
something
that doesn't have yet the proper support.

I just want to be able to click on links like "h323:extension" directly
from a web
browser and have ekiga automatically dial that extension.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I'm running ekiga on WinXP.
I'm using the latest (2.0.9-BETA) build provided on ekiga.org.

Thanks,
Catalin Catana