[Ekiga-list] Philips SPC300NC

Luc Saillard luc at saillard.org
Fri Apr 27 14:42:57 UTC 2007

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 04:31:59PM +0200, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le vendredi 27 avril 2007 à 11:18 +0200, Luc Saillard a écrit :
> >
> > Damien: and if we add a expert setting for the video preference to allow the
> > user to select the capture size ?). Perhaps we can do this to allow capture
> > audio in 44100/48000Khz to solve problem with alsa and bad cards.
>
> That could be an idea, but I think it is better to automatically convert
> from the best supported format to the required one.

I've made a patch against ekiga to flip the image, force the capture size and
resize it ... but only to see that it's only work in local display.
Opal open the device itself, and grab the image, so we can't apply effect on
it. About effects, I'm thinking about turn the image black and white, applying
a face motion detection algorithm, fix color problem, improving the quality
of the image (http://www.greyc.ensicaen.fr/~dtschump/greycstoration/). To do
this we need to be able to get ourself the image, and give it to opal ...
Perhaps create a pseudo VideoInputDevice (that will open himself the device, apply
the filter) ?

Luc