[Ekiga-list] G729 codec

Jure Petrovic fonz at siol.net
Thu Apr 26 15:35:29 UTC 2007

I noted RECOMENDED_FRAMES_PER_PACKET and MAX_FRAMES_PER_PACKET defines
in plugin information structure, but changing these values by itself did
not give any results.

So, if I understand you correctly, encode function does NOT get called
for every frame in packet.

Let us take for example g729 with 10msec sample and 2 frames per packet.
Our encode function in this case would have to take 320 bytes (2 * PCM16
sample) and output 20 bytes (2 * G729 sample). Is that correct?

Is memory for encoded data allocated in regard to toLen variable?

Thank you for help,
Jure Petrovic