[Ekiga-list] Failed attempt to register with CISCO SIP server

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Thu Apr 12 12:32:05 UTC 2007

Le jeudi 12 avril 2007 à 13:46 +0200, Matej Cepl a écrit :
> Damien Sandras <dsandras at seconix.com> writes:
>
> > OK, I see two problems :
> > 1) ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:864:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
> > It appears that DMIX is giving your problems. Try using another ALSA
> > device (either Default or direct access to the soundcard) in the Audio
> > Devices part of the preferences.
>
> That's another problem -- I am trying to use pulseaudio through
> alsa-pulse module.
>
> > You can enable codecs in the Audio Codecs part of the preferences.
>
> Yes, I did. However, the problem IMHO is that "Remote user
> rejected call" in the attached log.
>
> Any ideas about that?

CISCO sends back this message :
SIP/2.0 503 Service Unavailable
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:40:34 GMT
CSeq: 1 INVITE

Unfortunately,  I have no idea for that one.

You can try several things, like disabling video for example, or calling
another number.

This debug can be of interest :
Reason: Q.850;cause=63
Warning: 399 "Routing failed: ccbid=1655599 socket=10.32.4.78:5063"

It is possible that the outgoing INVITE is rejected because it comes
from port 5063 while the register was sent with source port 5061.

In that case, it is a configuration problem on the CISCO side.

I think you will have to refer to the admin of the call manager...
--
 _     Damien Sandras
       SIP Phone       : sip:dsandras at ekiga.net