[Ekiga-list] Installing Ekiga

yannick sevmek at free.fr
Mon Apr 2 14:56:12 UTC 2007

Le lundi 02 avril 2007 à 09:29 -0400, Oisin Feeley a écrit :
> On 4/2/07, Joe Ardolino <joe at realprogroup.com> wrote:
> > yannick wrote:

>  >>> I can't install Ekiga on a FC5 system using the downloaded RPMs

> > > http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Linux_Users#Install_packages
> >
> > There is no libpt package in the FC5 download. there is
> > pwlib-1.10.5-0.fc5.i86.rpm. When I attempt to install that package is
> > when I get the dependency message.
>
> You need EITHER libpt or pwlib as the link provided above suggests.
> You don't need both.  Fedora Core 5 uses pwlib.
>
> You should not be having any dependency problems if you use yum which
> is a package installer and dependency solver, e.g.
> "yum install ekiga"
>
> How, _specifically_ are you trying to install ekiga?
>
> You should have no problems with Ekiga on FC5 (I have one system with
> it currently installed and functioning nicely).  You will need to make
> sure that you have the updates repository enabled for yum.  The most
> up-to-date version it contains is 2.0.1-5.
>
> [skol at larry ush]# rpm -q ekiga
> ekiga-2.0.1-5

Well, first libpt and pwlib are the same. I don't know why there is 2
names for the same thing, but this is the exact same thing.

pwlib-1.10.5 is part of Ekiga 2.0.7. This is an upgrade, and there is no
repository for 2.0.7 (I wish...hum).

The process you should follow is this one (in this order):

1. pwlib 1.10.5:
http://www.ekiga.org/admin/downloads/latest/fedora/FC5/pwlib-1.10.5-0.fc5.i686.rpm

2. opal 2.2.6:
http://www.ekiga.org/admin/downloads/latest/fedora/FC5/opal-2.2.6-0.fc5.i686.rpm

3. Ekiga 2.0.7
http://www.ekiga.org/admin/downloads/latest/fedora/FC5/ekiga-2.0.7-1.fc5.i686.rpm

You're done.

Now, give it a try, open a Terminal and type:

$ ekiga

If you have an error about GConf, this will likely be solved by doing
this:
$ killall -9 gconfd-2

Then restart ekiga in a Terminal by typing: $ ekiga

Regards,
Yannick