[Ekiga-list] Sloow sound

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Fri Sep 15 07:29:52 UTC 2006

Le vendredi 15 septembre 2006 à 10:30 +0530, jtd a écrit :
> On Thursday 14 September 2006 21:55, Damien Sandras wrote:
>

> > Try this :
> > arecord -D plughw:0,0 -c 1 -r 8000 -f S16_LE - | aplay -D
> > plughw:0,0 -c 1 -r 8000 -f S16_LE -
> >
> > Does it work?
>
> yes. but with the same sloow playback.
> However reducing the recording sampling rate to 6000 makes the sound
> ok. Increasing playback sampling rate makes no difference.

Then you hit an ALSA bug. You should report it to the ALSA guys.

Notice that the device used is plughw, meaning that if 8000 is not
supported, it will capture and playback at a supported sampling rate,
and convert to the required sample rate. I would guess that your card
doesn't support 8000 as sample rate and that the conversion by ALSA
fails.

--
 _      Damien Sandras
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras at ekiga.net