[Ekiga-list] call recording / ekiga too tightly on ALSA?

Craig Southeren craigs at postincrement.com
Tue Sep 12 13:14:46 UTC 2006

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:01:57 +0200
Viktor <Cato_Minor at arcor.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I read the "call recording" thread three days ago with great interest,
> as I'm crawling the net how to do this for some hours now. I see various
> possibilities, however no one has worked for me. Attention, this is a
> longer posting ;-)
>
> (1) vsound (using Ekiga with OSS)

..deleted

> (2) Direct recording from the ALSA system

..deleted

> (3) Sniffing the VoIP packets

..deleted

> (4) JACK

..deleted

There is another way (and to me, much simpler way) to record Ekiga calls,
which is to use the OPAL library (upon which Ekiga is based).

See the H323Connection::OnStartLogicalChannel function in OPAL to see
how to insert a filter that can capture the raw audio stream

   Craig

 Craig Southeren          Post Increment – VoIP Consulting and Software
 craigs at postincrement.com.au                   www.postincrement.com.au

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243656905      MSN: craig_southeren at hotmail.com
 Mobile: +61 417231046

 "It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile.
  Be yourself, no matter what they say."   Sting