[Ekiga-list] PC-PC communication; Ekiga vs Windows

Jean Basile jean.basile at yahoo.fr
Tue Sep 12 08:39:50 UTC 2006

Hello,

I would like to connect to some Windows users and be
able to see them or at least hear them.

Now, my friends use Windows or have only Windows at
hand. So my need is which app can be used to 'talk' to
Ekiga? It should be something that would be easy
accessible or already installed as they either don't
have administrative access or they don't know too much
about computers.

I already have an ekiga.net account and tested my
sound with the echo service 500 at ekiga.net and it works
fine, far better than the Linux Skype echo.

So:
1. what application from Windows know to 'speak' with
Ekiga?
2. do I have to register in another place than
ekiga.net?
3. how do I connect with those applications?
4. how can those Windows applications connect with my
ekiga?

Thanks,
Jean