[Ekiga-list] non-standard port number usage

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Tue Sep 5 11:38:46 UTC 2006

Le mardi 05 septembre 2006 à 13:34 +0200, Patriiiiiiiiiick a écrit :
> On 9/5/06, Damien Sandras <dsandras at seconix.com> wrote:
>         Le mardi 05 septembre 2006 à 11:45 +0200, Patriiiiiiiiiick a
>         écrit :
>         > On 9/5/06, Damien Sandras <dsandras at seconix.com> wrote:
>         >         Here it is 5060, but not in the log in the URL you
>         gave in the
>         >         previous
>         >         email.
>         >
>         > Well... Errr... I copied those lines from there... Could you
>         please
>         > try to search for 5060 in this text file?
>         >

>         Ah, yes, you found a bug. It is sending the SUBSCRIBE to the
>         wrong
>         place. But that is not important in your case...
>
>         However, the REGISTER is sent to the right place.
>
> What do you mean with "that is not important in your case"? Do you

SUBSCRIBE is sent to get the number of voicemails for your INBOX through
notifications. If the SUBSCRIBE fails (which will be the case here), you
will simply get no notifications.

Currently, your problem is that you can not register to the service.

> have any idea on what goes wrong? For the moment, it is a bit

I don't have any idea unfortunately, except to tell you to try Ekiga
2.0.3 to see if it works better.

>  difficult to justify it would be my provider's fault? NAT should not
> the problem, right?

Indeed.

> On the other hand, do/will you have time to look into the just found
> bug?

In the next month or so.

--
 _      Damien Sandras