[Ekiga-list] Thank you for ekiga - need some help to configure custom sip

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Tue Oct 31 17:17:08 UTC 2006

I will buy a Alcatel SpeedTouch 2030 VoIP Telefoon to solve my problems
with ekiga. http://www.speedtouch.nl/docs/Datasheets/ST2030_datasheet.pdf

In the future I can add a headset to that phone and integrate it with
asterisk with the IAX2 protocol.

I hope ekiga will improve and serve other people well. Keep up the good
work.

Best regards,

Jelle

Ekiga detects that i have a Port Restricted NAT and that i don't have to
configure anything.
http://ekiga.org/index.php?rub=3&pos=0&faqpage=x161.html

I have the stun activated with this address stun.ekiga.net why it used i
don't know.

I have a lot of buggy behaviour with Ekiga and Xubuntu.

If I start calling someone and press the Hang Up function. It keeps
dialling until a time-out occurs.

If the person on the other side of the line hangs up ekiga also hangs
until a time out.

Were is the cancel or undo button for if you pressed the wrong number
when you want to make a call?

So it does not detect hang ups on both sides!

I need a good headset with USB or and bluethooth connection for Linux, I
don't have a microphone my audio chip isn't yet fully supported under
Linux VIA epia EN12000E, what can you recommend? I can get logitech
headsets but i need to know what i can buy.