[Ekiga-list] need documentation of how to get Ekiga working with other programs

David M. Kaplan dmk at ucsc.edu
Sun Oct 29 20:12:54 UTC 2006

Hi,

Yannick - the page you set up is a great start to the documentation.  A
few suggestions: (1) I would add a "setup instructions" or "discussion"
column with some empty links already in place so that people who have
used Ekiga with that program can add a page with instructions on how to
set things up; (2) You might also add a column that indicates the
versions of Ekiga and the other program that were tested (or perhaps
that belongs in the setup instructions pages); and (3) you might want to
add "Ekiga for windows" to the "Using Windows" table - I naively thought
that everything would work fine with the connection from Ekiga-linux to
Ekiga-windows, but I could only get audio working, nothing else.

The obvious thing that one notes from the table is that audio almost
always works, but text and video almost never work.  Naively, I would
think that text and video would be no more difficult than audio if SIP
is used.  Why is this not the case?  Do other programs have the same
difficulties (e.g., does video from Gizmo to X-lite work?)?  Is there
any way to find out why video doesn't work?

Thanks again.

Cheers,
David