[Ekiga-list] Why does Ekiga throw away the first 3 seconds of sound?

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Sun Oct 29 15:41:47 UTC 2006

Le dimanche 29 octobre 2006 à 16:15 +0100, Benny Amorsen a écrit :

> DS> The RFC tells that the media streams should not be sent before the
> DS> ACK is received. Asterisk doesn't follow this. So I conclude the
> DS> bug is in Asterisk not in Ekiga...
>
> If Asterisk got fixed and didn't start sending audio until the ACK,
> wouldn't that still leave users talking without any audio going
> through? If it takes 3 seconds for the ACK to go through, that's 3
> seconds of silence.

You wouldn't be in connected mode, so you wouldn't start talking.

(Or I don't understand your question).

A call is established only when the ACK has been sent/received. Not
before, not after. If no ACK is sent/received, then the call is still in
'dialing' mode.
--
Damien Sandras

Ekiga Softphone : http://www.ekiga.org