[Ekiga-list] wired VOIP problem and how to playback rtp data under linux

Bent Bagger bbagger at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 18:33:34 UTC 2006

Hi Konrad

On 24/10/06, Konrad Karl <kk_konrad at gmx.at> wrote:

> Now I want to listen to the captured RTP traffic to see if it is
> already distorted before entering the asterisk server.
> (preferably under Linux)

Load the captured traffic into Ethereal/Wireshark and use the analyse
function to look at the traffic. You may have to force Ethereal to
decode as RTP.
You can get all kinds of info from Ethereal (jitter etc) and you can
also save the payload (the audio) to a file which you can then play
with your favorite audio player. I believe it is in .au format.

Bent