[Ekiga-list] Why does Ekiga throw away the first 3 seconds of sound?

Bent Bagger bbagger at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 16:03:19 UTC 2006

I have noticed that Ekiga is a slow starter and that the first 3
seconds of a conversation are not reproduced by Ekiga.

I see this when I connect to e.g. my echo serveice at my own Asterisk.
You probably know the opening: "You are about to enter an echo test.
In this mode everything you say etc etc". When I use Ekiga, the first
thing I hear is "In this mode everything..."

If I use Xlite then everything is reproduced from the very beginning.

Is this behaviour a feature or an error? It makes it a bit difficult
to access e.g. the voicemail mailbox, since most of the prompt
disappears.

Kind regards,

Bent

PS I should probably add that I use Ekiga 2.0.2 on a Linux box running Suse 10.1