[Ekiga-list] Poor audio quality

Mario Rossi mariofutire at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 19 20:25:33 UTC 2006

Hi

I've noticed that the sound quality using the default audio device is very poor.
I'm using

Fedora Core 5
ekiga 2.0.2
kernel recompiled 2.6.18 (whith alsa drivers 1.0.12rc1)
alsa-lib 1.0.13
sound card Intel82801DB-ICH4

I've read some documentation about ekiga & alsa and it seems there
were problems in alsa 1.0.11, so I've waited before sending this
email.
I can play music, watch TV and DVD at the same time with the default
(i.e. dmix) ALSA device with very good quality. Ekiga seems the only
application affected.

I've noticed this bad quality both calling 500 at ekiga.net and an other user.

If I use the hardware directly the quality improves but I still have
some problems when I set the full screen.

Is there any setting that could affect audio quality?

Thanks