[Ekiga-list] Symmetric NAT problem

michel memeteau michel.memeteau at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 13:29:02 UTC 2006

On 10/12/06, Damien Sandras <dsandras at seconix.com> wrote:

> Calling wengo users. I guess you can not use their HTTP tunnel to call
> other Ekiga users (I have doubts, but I could be wrong).

I was indeed explaining at the end of the mail , that I succeed to call my
sipphone address  using wengo/http , so their plaform can be used to call
other SIP address ( including ekiga ), it's right now the only way to do
this on Linux I guess , Even gizmo don't do http tunneling ,

CORRECTION : indeed it does work with my SIphone address because it kept
only the first part !! 17476005010 and so call it as a SIP number  .... Shit
!!  SO it won't work with ekiga address  .....  Sorry  ....

Am I wrong or is it the main  feature that made those people fond of this
crappy skype ?

> I succefully called a sip adress with wengophone 2.0  over HTTP ,a
> > anyway it seems that it does not work from the contact list even if
> > you had a contact with a messaging SIP address ( like MSN or Jabber)
> >
> > So I needed to use the address Box and and " Sip: "  in front of the
> > address ...
> >
> > The Multi protocol URL handling is better in Gizmo I guess ( But no
> > http in Gizmo )
> >
> > Sorry to be a bit Off-topic ...
>

> --
> _      Damien Sandras