[Ekiga-list] Remote user (still) offline

Michel van der Kleij michel at tukcedo.nl
Wed Oct 11 18:02:18 UTC 2006

Gentlefolk,

Still no joy I'm afraid although the error message is now different.

Eventually after a number of tries I completely disabled the firewall,
allowing all traffic for the duration of ekiga startup (yes, I know .....) but
the program says something like "login failed: don't accept" on the status bar
(translated from Dutch, so it may be different in English version) and then
the other user can not be contacted.

I've updated ekiga2.dbg and it reflects the run without any firewalling active.

I really hope we can solve this ... Thanx again for your help.

Michel.

Remember that part of the problem might be that ekiga couldn't determine the
type of NAT at all so perhaps this is a completely "new" setup.

--
M.J.L. van der Kleij
Senior Unix/Linux Consultant
michel at tukcedo.nl