[Ekiga-list] No incoming Sound

Geoff Jankowski geoff.jankowski at virgin.net
Sat Oct 7 22:31:32 UTC 2006

Hi

I now have ekiga working on ubuntu 6.06 which incorporate ekiga as a
standard item.  However, I cannot get the sound to work properly!

I have run the wizard and am using the default settings and I have tried
the 500 at ekiga.net line and all is well with the echo test working.

Yet, as soon as I call out to a phone or other ekiga user, I cannot
receive sound back.  I have listed below the pwlib files and have
checked through the General History and ekiga -d 4 outputs which show
that the codecs are opening fine even though a codec directory does not
seem to exist in /usr/lib/pwlib!.

Also, as the sound and video permissions were read only, I tried
changing these to read/execute but this made no difference.

I am running a default setting stun server (stun.ekiga.net) but cannot
get sound to come back to me.

pwlib files

/usr/lib/pwlib/device/sound/alsa_pwplugin.so
/usr/lib/pwlib/device/videoinput/v4l2_pwplugin.so
/usr/lib/pwlib/device/videoinput/v4l_pwplugin.so

Should there be others and if so where does ubuntput them?

It was previously suggested that I should try killall esd.  I have done
this and by watching the system monitor can see the esd processes
dissappear but it still makes no difference.  The echo test works but a
real call only allows my sound to go out.  I can never hear the person
at the other end.

Could you give me some ideas on how to overcome this problem please?

Geoff

+44 7770 58 48 38                       Mobile Voice
+44 7770 58 92 48                       Mobile Fax