[Ekiga-list] You need the PWLib library to compile Ekiga

Bent Bagger bbagger at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 16:23:17 UTC 2006

Hi

I hope I'm not too alone on this list... nothing has been archived
from it so far. But here goes:

I try to build Ekiga from the sources on a box running Suse  Linux
10.1 with KDE as my chosen desktop manager. I have built pwlib and
opal from the sources without problems, but when I run

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc

in the ekiga-2.0.2 directory I get this:

checking for PWLib includes in /usr/include/...
checking for /usr/include/ptlib/pprocess.h... yes
checking for read in -lpt... no
configure: error: You need the PWLib library to compile Ekiga

This does not look consistent to me. What have I done wrong???

Best regards

Bent

PS I have tried to build from today's CVS snapshot (Oct. 7, 2006) but
here I do not get past the autoconf thing - something to do with
aclocal.m4 . When I build ekiga from the sources but against the CVS
version of pwlib I get this:
Sorry but the recommended PWLib version is 1.10.1
I know it is inconsistent to mix CVS and downloaded sources, but I
thought I would try...