[Ekiga-list] Jitter Buffer Problems

George geboyd53 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 6 20:44:42 UTC 2006

Hi to all,

I have a weird problem that has cropped up with ekiga 2.02 and Fedora
Core 5.

Up until about a week ago, the audio was always excellent and the jitter
buffer always showed 0. Now for some reason the audio is extremely
choppy and no matter how high I set the jitter buffer, it will max out.
It doesn't have the problem as bad if I use audio only, but it's still
almost unusable.

I haven't downloaded any new programs that should affect Ekiga, but
after one of my updates to Fedora, one program (gooogle earth) cant find
GLX. So my reasoning is that something in one of the Fedora updates has
corrupted something, but I don't know what it would be.

This is only happening in Ekiga. Voipbuster, Skype, etc. don't exhibit
this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
George