[Ekiga-list] Ekiga for High Quality Video Conference

simon simon at mungewell.org
Thu Oct 5 07:35:17 UTC 2006

Hi all,
Someone on our Lug list was asking for high quality video conferencing
applications.... so I mentioned Ekiga.

But I (yes even me ;-) have some questions:

1) Does a firewire audio plugin exist yet?

2) Is there any support for using a external handset/phone (so that you
could use a decent speaker phone)?

I suspect that number 2 could be achieved with a 'au600' USB VoIP box
which appears to be just a PSTN/Soundcard and has the beta alsa drive
(see http://alsa.opensrc.org/au600).

These are available localally for CDN$ 50... so might get to play with one.

Cheers,
Simon.