[Ekiga-list] Remote user offline

Michel van der Kleij michel at tukcedo.nl
Tue Oct 3 19:20:17 UTC 2006

Dear list-ers,

I've just begun to setup Ekiga on two systems. One is behind a firewall and a
router and the other one directly connected to the internet but using a
firewall. Had loads of trouble getting the webcam to work reliably but got
that sorted. I have two questions:

- Running the Configuration Assistant I get Port Restricted NAT (so FAQ
suggests I should be OK) and my firewall logs show no dropped packets, still I
get the message Remote user offline all the time.

- I can't seem to add contacts to the address book on both systems, which to
me gives the impression I can't seem to reach some central server (a process
on ekiga.net no doubt)

Could anyone please give me some pointers?

Thanx!

Michel.

--
M.J.L. van der Kleij