[Ekiga-list] ** (bug-buddy:9370): WARNING **: Couldn't load icon for Open Folder

yannick sevmek at free.fr
Sun Oct 1 04:57:22 UTC 2006

Hi

Le dimanche 01 octobre 2006 à 12:27 +1000, Typhoon a écrit :
> On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 03:46:46 +0200
> Jan Schampera <jan.schampera at web.de> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 21:35:29 -0400
> > sean <seandarcy2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Today's cvs crashes on sartup:
> > >
> > >   ekiga
> > >
> > > ** (bug-buddy:9370): WARNING **: Couldn't load icon for Open
> > > Folder
> >
> > "Icon for Open Folder" sounds like the file chooser dialog. Did you
> > recently upgrade GTK+ to 2.10.2 (not sure about the build number)?
> >
> > Today we got a mass of bugreports about GtkFileChooser crashing in
> > Ekiga (and everywhere else it's used in GTK+ apps).
> >
> > Can you run:
> > $ gdb $(which ekiga)
> > (gdb) run
> > after crash:
> > (gdb) thread apply all bt
> >
> > ...and post the backtrace?
> >
> > Gnome's bug buddy sometimes is a mess ;-)
>
> It isn't just today's cvs. I just did a fresh install of Ubuntu 6.10
> Edgy and it crashes the same way as soon as the Configuration screen
> comes up. It also gives the "couldn't load icon..." message.

I guess that's the bug Jan is talking about. The ubuntu ekiga maintainer
seems to not test his package, even by lunching the soft. I've advertise
it on the french ubuntu documentation about ekiga...

After what happend in dapper few weeks ago (x breaks for nvidia driver
users), and this, i'm thinking ubuntu guys don't have any quality tests.
That sucks.

Regards,
Yannick