[Ekiga-list] Gconf key error

Ian House ian_940 at yahoo.com.au
Sun Nov 26 01:00:54 UTC 2006

I have been using Ekiga without problem until a recent update. Now when I try
to start the program I get:
Gconf key error
Ekiga got an invalid value for the Gconf
key "/apps/ekiga/general/gconf_test_age"
It probably means that your Gconf schemas have not been correctly installed or
that the file permissions are not correct.
It then directs me to check the FAQ and mailing lists.

What I was able to find is; /etc/gconf/, contains only /schemas/ekiga.schemas.
Ekiga config is in /etc/opt/gnome/gconf but when starting, Ekiga looks for it
in /etc/gconf. I tried creating a symlink between /etc/opt/gnome/gconf
and /etc/gconf; but still get the same error.

Running Suse10.0 with KDE. Any help with fixing this please...

--
Cheers,
Ian...