[Ekiga-list] ekiga answers with delay ¿...?

Bent Bagger bbagger at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 09:46:28 UTC 2006

On 24/11/06, Craig Southeren <craigs at postincrement.com> wrote:

> I know that Asterisk has a nasty habit of changing the payload type -
> perhaps this is what is happening? Can anyone confirm?

I do not know how nasty Asterisk is with regards to changing payload
type. I believe that after having finished the negotiation, Asterisk
sticks to the selected codec. In any case, the order of codec
preference is totally under the control of the Asterisk sysadm (order
of 'allow's in the SIP channel configuration - sip.conf)

I have just run an experiment on my asterisk where I forced both Ekiga
and Asterisk to use one and the same codec - ulaw (PCMU) in this case.
The problem still persists: I did not hear the first part of the echo
test greeting.

Best regards,

Bent