[Ekiga-list] complete logs for "connection, but no sound"

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Sat Nov 18 15:50:41 UTC 2006

Hi,

Suddenly, I understood what was the problem.

This :
INVITE sip:cwg at 192.168.1.80:5063;transport=udp SIP/2.0
is clearly not normal, except if the remote person typed
sip:cwg at 192.168.1.80:5063
in the URL bar of Ekiga.

I think you are the happy owner of one of those crappy routers (sorry)
that thinks understands SIP.

The role of a router that understands SIP is to replace all occurrences
of private IP addresses by the public IP address and the corresponding
port.

Apparently, your router is also doing the opposite, ie replacing public
IP addresses (coming from STUN or IP Translation) by private ones, which
doesn't make sense.

Perhaps you could try to disable SIP support in your router. You could
also try keeping it enabled and not configure STUN or IP translation at
all.

I don't really know, but having the INVITE URL I see is clearly not
normal.

And from Ekiga's point of view, the routing of the messages is normal.
It just happens that audio and video streams do not reach it.

--
Damien Sandras

Ekiga Softphone : http://www.ekiga.org
NOVACOM                    : http://www.novacom.be