[Ekiga-list] Noob (to Ekiga) question

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Wed Nov 15 16:27:35 UTC 2006

Hi,

Le mercredi 15 novembre 2006 à 07:53 -0700, Daniel O'Donnell a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I've tried searching the archives for this, because I am told it is a
> common setup issue, but had no luck under usb or soundcards | sound
> cards.
>
> Basically my problem is the following: I have a logitech 250 USB
> headphone which works fine with Gizmo and Skype, and often with Ekiga.
> BUT, when I use it with Ekiga it frequently drops out. When I try to
> close Ekiga in these circumstances, it tends to freeze, sometimes
> freezing the whole computer, and a reboot is required. Even if it

When the computer freezes, on Linux, it is because a kernel module
crashed. So I suppose your USB driver has a bug which is only triggered
by Ekiga. I would try upgrading the USB driver and I would look at the
kernel messages.

> doesn't freeze, it takes its time closing and seems to be using a fair
> bit of resources. If the computer doesn't freeze, other resources can't
> write to the device after Ekiga closes down.

Again, it indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent state.

--
Damien Sandras

Ekiga Softphone : http://www.ekiga.org
NOVACOM                    : http://www.novacom.be