[Ekiga-list] direct connection does not work. why?

Christoph Groth cwg at falma.de
Wed Nov 15 13:11:59 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have two computers which are connected to the internet
independently.  A is behind a firewall but has an own internet IP
address.  B is behind NAT with the relevant ports being forwarded.
Thus, for SIP purposes, B should appear to be connected to the
internet directly.

Both computers use different @ekiga.net accounts.  Then calling from A
to B, and from B to A seems to work flawlessly.

Computer B has a dyndns account.  When A (logged in as xyz at ekiga.net)
calls sip:somone at mybox.dyndns.org, computer B notices the call, but A
does not notice the call being answered or accepted.

I wonder why this is so.  Is there a way to make direct calls work in
this configuration?

thanks

Christoph