[Ekiga-list] basic NAT problem from fedora core 6

kuschelbug01-ekigalist at yahoo.de kuschelbug01-ekigalist at yahoo.de
Sat Nov 11 16:49:04 UTC 2006

I am trying to set up ekiga from a fedora core 6 system behind a Linksys WRT54G router.

The detection of my NAT type ends up with Symmetric NAT recommending port forwarding. So I set up
the router to forward ports 5000-5100 (both TCP and UDP) to my system but the NAT detection still
returns Symmetric NAT and not Cone NAT. So I dissabled the Firewall and SE-Linux completly just to
get the Symmetric NAT detection again.

Am I missing something simple here? I of course have a SIP account, and tried the ekiga setup as
the system root without success.

Thanks for suggesstions.