[Ekiga-list] Hi Damien And The Group

yannick sevmek at free.fr
Wed Nov 8 11:27:17 UTC 2006

Le mercredi 08 novembre 2006 à 10:45 +0100, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> > It sure has been quite on this group, is that good or bad news?
>
> I would say good news.

George,

As an old timer user of ekiga, this may interest you :

I'm giving time to support the french ubuntu community (especially in
the french forum/french documentation, and believe me : most of time i
can fix problems there and i'm involved in all threads related to ekiga.
I'm even starting to help using -d 4 output !) and some on the english
documentation for ubuntu (but much more work has to be done in this
area, especially in forums). We have also done some work on the
wiki.ekiga.org (compiling/interoperabilty/sound problems mostly).

I'm the author of this :
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ekiga
http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/applications/ekiga (the far more complet
documentation I'm aware of for one distro...)
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Which_programs_work_with_Ekiga_%3F
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Getting_several_applications_using_the_sound_card_at_the_same_time_%3F (part of it, with damien)

As far as I know, all this documentations adress commonly asked
questions about ekiga. Of course, lot of work has still to be done, and
people willing to help are welcome and blessed by me ;)

This is something I've planned : having general doc on wiki.ekiga.org,
distro specific doc on their help platform if any (but as a single
person, i only support my distro : ubuntu.) Beside that, i do not
recommend ubuntu edgy to be used with ekiga... Forget it, better use
dapper which is LTS (Long Time Support, and this tag really means
something in the ubuntu dev process!)

Let's hope the more we document, the less we will have complains ;)

Regards,
Yannick

--
Me joindre en téléphonie IP / vidéoconférence ?
sip:yannick at ekiga.net