[Ekiga-list] problem while starting the ekiga

Jan Schampera jan.schampera at web.de
Tue Nov 7 05:27:07 UTC 2006

On Tue,  7 Nov 2006 10:41:40 +0530 (IST)
Prakash B <prakashb at tataelxsi.co.in> wrote:

>  I am using linux FC5.
>  I have installed ekiga. While starting, it gave error as
> " The Application "ekiga" has quit unexpectedly.
> You can inform the developers of what happened to help them fix it.
> Or you can restart the application right now" and asking me to quit
> me the application.

That's the so-called bug-buddy, a dialog that appears on a crash. Gnome
stuff. You can:
- install gdb (GNU debugger)
- run in a shell terminal: gdb $(which ekiga)
- on gdb prompt: run
- when it crashes, on gdb prompt: thread apply all bt
- mail the output (a backtrace, hopefully without unknown symbols)

>  also in the terminal its coming as
>   " It appears that you do not have ekiga.server installed in a valid
> location. Factory mode disabled."
Shouldn't be related to a crash.

J.

--
"One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of