[Ekiga-list] Ekiga.net SIP Server Moved

sean seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 21:16:24 UTC 2006

Damien Sandras wrote:
> Hello to all,
>

> I have moved the Ekiga.net SIP server and associated services to its new
> host.
>
> I have updated the IP address of the server, the DNS server should
> shortly make ekiga.net point to 86.64.162.35.
>
> If it doesn't, then it means you are still registering to the old
> server. The consequences are the following :
> - you can not reach users registered to the new server
> - users registered to the new server can not reach you
> - if the old server had sent you an e-mail so that you can confirm your
> account, it will not be possible to confirm it on the old server. You
> will have to wait for your DNS server to point to the new server in
> order to be able to confirm the account.
>
> The new server also has a new module for audio conferencing, using the
> same numbers.
>
> I will make an official announcement later.

Using asterisk I get:

[Dec 27 14:12:00] NOTICE[20088]: chan_sip.c:7087
sip_reg_timeout:    -- Registration for 'xxx at ekiga.net'
timed out, trying again (Attempt #41)
     -- Got SIP response 406 "Not Acceptable" back from
86.64.162.35

Here's the ekiga portion of sip.conf:

register => xxxxx:<password>@ekiga.net

[ekiga]
type=user
host=ekiga.net
fromuser=xxx at ekiga.net
username=xxx at ekiga.net
secret=<mypassword>
fromdomain=ekiga.net
qualify=yes
disallow=all
allow=speex
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm
;dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
context=incoming
insecure=port,invite
nat=yes

I've logged into the new ekiga.net with my user name and
password - secret. That worked.

This used to work last week.

sean