[Ekiga-list] STUN registration

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Sat Dec 23 20:49:56 UTC 2006

Hi Wolfgram,

Le samedi 23 décembre 2006 à 21:01 +0100, Wolfram Wagner a écrit :
> Thanks for your reply. It took a while until I had time again.
>
> Please remember, I have problems with registration and get a 404 not
> found message.
>  Last time you answered me, that I should sniff a bit. So I did.
>
> I found out, that registration at STUN server is done maybe by using a
> wrong IP. My current IP is 84.159.48.129.
>

> In STUN Registration I see contact binding:
> 	URI: <sip:wolfram.wagner at 84.159.61.31:5073;transport=udp>
>
> Then my client sends SUBSCRIBE using the same wrong IP Address.
>
> Next I get a 404 Error (not found) telling me
> Sent-by Address: 84.159.61.31
> Sent-by port: 5074
> RPort: 5074
> Warning: 392 192.168.70.52:5060 "Noisy feedback tells:  pid=16986
> req_src_ip=84.159.48.129 req_src_port=5074
> in_uri=sip:wolfram.wagner at ekiga.net
> out_uri=sip:wolfram.wagner at ekiga.net via_cnt==1"
>

> So I wonder where this IP 84.159.61.31 comes from. I checked it and it
> is one of the dynamic addresses used by my provider. The check via
> ekiga.net/ip returnes the correct ip.
>
> After three more Register retries it gives up.
>

> Might it be possible that this wrong ip address makes problems in
> registration. Maybe the answer packages are sent to this machine.

Most probably.

Either STUN is unable to determine the correct public IP address because
of complex NAT mechanisms. Or something in between is rewriting the SIP
packets. But I must admit I'm a bit lost. Try comparing the packets sent
by Ekiga with those that you are able to snif, if they are different,
then one of the routers is changing the packets.

> Thanks and Have a very nice Christmas!

Thanks, you too!!!