[Ekiga-list] Ubuntu/Kubuntu 6.10 and Ekiga 2.0.3 bug

Stefan Bruens lurch at gmx.li
Wed Dec 20 23:14:28 UTC 2006

Am Mittwoch, 20. Dezember 2006 21:39 schrieb yannick:
> Le mercredi 20 décembre 2006 à 19:57 +0000, Richard Ibbotson a écrit :
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm trying to work out why Ekiga won't work on my Kubuntu/Ubuntu
> > desktop.  After using the configuration druid I find that sound works
> > fine from my USB based Logitech 4000 Pro webcam.  The druid detects
> > everything and the video window opens in Ekiga and tries to show a
> > picture.  However, what I can see is just a mid-gray colour and
> > nothing else.  No picutres. Nothing there.  I have tried Xawtv and
> > that says ...
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ekiga#head-8362944fd3a8d7f4fc4c60d31579a7
>bafdd6dfdc

if you just want to have it working, create a file named eg "video"
in "/etc/modprobe.d/" and put the following line there
----
options pwc compression=0
----

As ekiga atm only uses qcif, and qcif can be transferred uncompressed over
usb, this works quite fine, and saves you a lot of trouble

Just remember to rmmod and modprobe the pwc module after the change.

Greetings,

Lurchi

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
mailto:lurch at gmx.li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/