[Ekiga-list] gatekeeper automatic discovery

Craig Southeren craigs at postincrement.com
Fri Dec 15 12:39:53 UTC 2006

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:00:39 +0100
Julien Puydt <jpuydt at free.fr> wrote:

> teamlog a écrit :> Ok, you answered my main question. > Is there a timetable for the "Automatic Discovery" to be reimplemented ? Or> is this so much useless that the is much chance for it not to be> reimplemented at anytime?
> We have discovery of LAN contacts via avahi.
> Not sure if that's what you want.

H.323 has specific support for discovering gatekeepers using UDP
broadcast.

OpenH323 supports this mode, and it's relatively easy to implement
except for the fact that Linux and Windows do UDP broadcast completely
differently.

   Craig

 Craig Southeren          Post Increment – VoIP Consulting and Software
 craigs at postincrement.com.au                   www.postincrement.com.au

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243656905      MSN: craig_southeren at hotmail.com
 Mobile: +61 417231046      Jabber: craigs at jabber.org

 "It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile.
  Be yourself, no matter what they say."   Sting