[Ekiga-list] ekiga call flow

Craig Southeren craigs at postincrement.com
Wed Dec 6 10:01:46 UTC 2006

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 11:33:44 +0530
Ramachandran M <ram at tataelxsi.co.in> wrote:

..deleted

> Here we are sending SIP_PDU::Information_Ringing to the "PartyB",why it is
> so?
>
> But actual flow i studied in SIP TUTORIAL is
> partyA has to send the invite,
> the partyB has to send the 180::Ringing,200::OK
> then PartyA has to send the ACK
>
> Can you clarify me?

The call flow in OPAL is correct.

Party A sends the INVITE, then party B sends a 180 Ringing, then party B
sends a 200 OK, then party A sends an ACK.

You'll need to look at the code more carefully.

Also, OPAL specific questions should be directed to the mailing list at
openh323 at openh32.org rather than the Ekiga list.

   Craig

 Craig Southeren          Post Increment – VoIP Consulting and Software
 craigs at postincrement.com.au                   www.postincrement.com.au

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243656905      MSN: craig_southeren at hotmail.com
 Mobile: +61 417231046      Jabber: craigs at jabber.org

 "It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile.
  Be yourself, no matter what they say."   Sting