[Ekiga-list] Alsa Weirdness

George Boyd geboyd53 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 5 10:29:13 UTC 2006

Damien, I don't know whether this should be directed yo you or not. The
problem I'm having is an annoyance with ALSA

I can set Ekiga to use the default audio devices EXCEPT for the output
device. I have to use the sound card directly. If I try to use the
default for the output device, ALSA is very distorted and the jitter
buffer goes berserk.

I do have the /etc/asound.conf file setup (actually copied and pasted
form The getting ALSA to work with several applications at once (
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Getting_several_applications_using_the_sound_card_at_the_same_time_%3F) website.

I've tried to figure out how to fine tune ALSA to stop this problem, but
I really don't understand how ALSA works to be able to change anything
intelligently
.
If it is something that may be easy to resolve, then any help will be
appreciated. If not, Ekiga runs fine with the way I have it set, but it
does cause problems with some other audio programs.

Thanks in Advance,
George