[Ekiga-list] linuxuvc + ekiga: double free, no video, bad audio

Alexis Huxley ahuxley at gmx.net
Sun Aug 13 15:40:38 UTC 2006

Hi, I'm running Ekiga 2.0.2 (from Debian 'testing') with Berlios's
Linux UVC driver (version in their SVN repo today) with a Logitech
Quickcam 5000 Pro (usbid=046d:08c5).

Running the config druid all appears to go fine (video manager is V4L2,
video input device is USB Video Class Device).

When I try to call the echo server 500 at eekiga.net then I get the
following message:

	*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (out): 0x08568ae0 ***
	Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x8f5c)!

Which program is responsible for triggering this message? I mean from
ekiga, from the UVC driver, or something else?

Okay, I know about running with 'MALLOC_CHECK=0'; but this seems to
only sometimes prevent the above message. When it does I still get
no video; only sometimes audio that sounds like Mrs Echo is speaking
from inside a washing machine but most times the GUI totally freezes
(no refreshes if window hidden and revealed), although CTRL-C still
kills it (between tests I rmmod/modprobe the driver).

I found some refs to using DMIX to support multiple sound apps
concurrently, but I am being careful to run only one audio app at a
time, so I don't think this is relevent.

If anybody can just point me to where the problem/bug? is then that'd
be great; then I can either help in the right area or wait for a
newer version. Thanks!

Alexis