[Ekiga-list] videoconference between two ekiga.net accounts, one using linux and the other using linux.

Sébastien BARTHÉLEMY sebastien.barthelemy at crans.org
Sat Aug 12 13:49:44 UTC 2006

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to communicate between 2 ekiga.net accounts. One using
ekiga (debian testing version) and the other under windows.
Both users will be behind a NAT router.

The problem is that I cannot find the good software for the windows user :

 with MS windows messenger, configured as explained there
 http://manuxlinux.freezee.org/article.php3?id_article=10, the SIP
 account never succeed to register. It seems quite normal, because I
 have no place to put my ekiga password.

 with X-lite (for Windows), I can make outgoing call account to the
 linux (online) one. However, I cannot get the windows user being
 "online" (on the ekiga.net phonebook, the user is offline) and so it
 cannot get (incoming) calls.

I cannot see where the problem is and I'm not sure that it is possible
to succeed, has anyone here succeeded in using the ekiga.net account
on a NATted windows ?

If this first step works, I would like to use a webcam with each user,
I have not tried yet, but any help would be welcome !

thanks in advance for any help !

--
Sébastien