[Ekiga-list] Voice arrives broken

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Fri Aug 11 07:46:06 UTC 2006

Le jeudi 10 août 2006 à 20:31 +0200, Stefan Stolz a écrit :
> Am Donnerstag, 10. August 2006 17:55 schrieb Damien Sandras:
> > I really suggest you try 500 at ekiga.net, it could simply be a microphone
> > problem (too low volume, too high volume, ...)
> Hmm, this test was perfekt. Perhaps it is a luck, that it always bad with
> ekiga. Could it also be, that my internet conn makes probs? In special my

Yes perhaps.

> upload speed is with 512kbits/s not very high. Perhaps sometimes i dont have
> the full speed. Is 512 curt to be enough for this codec?

Yes, it doesn't need more than 95 kbits/s in general.

Before calling with the provider, try 500 at ekiga.net, also try after
calling with the provider. If it works, but gives problems with the
provider, then the provider is the problem. If none works, then the
problem is elsewhere.

--
 _      Damien Sandras
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras at ekiga.net