[Ekiga-list] Voice arrives broken

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Thu Aug 10 15:55:52 UTC 2006

Le jeudi 10 août 2006 à 17:20 +0200, Stefan Stolz a écrit :
> Am Donnerstag, 10. August 2006 17:06 schrieb Hannes Ebner:
> > I think during a call there is a thin black frame around the currently
> > used codec. (X-Lite 2.0)
> Yes, right! G711a is used. And in Ekiga i set PCMA first.... Seems to be all
> right. How do i see in Ekiga if it really uses PCMA?

It is also printed in the UI. (PCMA).

> If its not the codec... Could it have something to do with for example the
> jitter buffer?

For reception problems on your side, yes.
For reception problems on the other side, no.

I really suggest you try 500 at ekiga.net, it could simply be a microphone
problem (too low volume, too high volume, ...)

You can also try to disable "Echo Cancellation" in the "audio codecs"
part of the settings to see if it helps. Also make sure "Silence
Detection" is disabled.

--
 _      Damien Sandras
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras at ekiga.net