[Ekiga-list] Installation problem with pwlib

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Sat Aug 5 22:40:22 UTC 2006

Hi,

Le vendredi 04 août 2006 à 20:47 +0200, Ludovic Gris a écrit :
> Hi,
> I have problem to install ekiga from source on my slackware 10.2.
> I installed packages from linuxpackages.com and I have problem with
> gconf. Someone on the mailing list from linuxpackages has the same
> problem and indicate that it works when installing from sources.
> So I try...
> Opal is now installed from source but I have problem with pwlib-1.10.1.

I do not understand how you can compile OPAL without PWLIB. It is
impossible. You have to first compile pwlib, then opal, then ekiga. If
you are not doing so, and that it works, you will get a crashy binary
because of libraries conflicts.

> I don't know why and don't find information about such a problem on the net.
> I make:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-plugins --disable-oss --enable-v4l2
> and
> make >> make.log 2>&1
> Here is a few line of "make.log" :

I think it is a problem with the headers of the kernel. There was some
post about that on the mailing list a while ago :
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnomemeeting-list/2006-May/msg00055.html
with the solution :
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnomemeeting-list/2006-May/msg00106.html

--