[Ekiga-list] Ekiga does not hang up properly

Hannes Ebner dev at stdout.at
Fri Aug 4 08:53:13 UTC 2006

Hi

I am running Ekiga 2.0.2 on Debian Sarge.
>From time to time I experience the problem that I hang up and I just
hear one short beep (instead of three) and then the call status of Ekiga
freezes. I can push the button as often as I want, Ekiga does not hang
up. Another side effect is that I cannot receive calls anymore and I
have to kill Ekiga, a normal exit does not work.

It does not happen so often, but this time I was lucky and could
reproduce the problem when I had a "-d 4" running, I will send it to
Damien per PM. You can see the hang-up at the end, with a few calls in
between.

Right now I'm also investigating another problem. I am able to make
active calls all the time, but when somebody tries to call me I have to
be lucky in order to receive it. The caller does not hear anything, no
ring, nothing. I don't see an incoming call either - I'm trying right
now to catch this with a "-d 4" as well. It is a bit mysterious, because
I didn't change my system configuration.

Best regards,
Hannes