[anjuta-list] How to use CVS interface with Anjuta

I am a new user using Anjuta 2.30.1.0 on Ubuntu 10.04, and wish to use the CVS interface with pserver protocol to manage my source. My local Ubuntu machine is also my network CVS server. I believe that I have the CVSROOT envariable properly defined (":pserver:harvey harold:/media/ddrive/cvs") and have verified that I can use it properly from the terminal interface. Within Anjuta however, under the CVS menu, only the CVS "Import Tree" item works correctly. "Import Tree" asks for CVSROOT, log message, repository, username/pswd info and uses it correctly. I can't get any of the other CVS items to work for me however. For example, the "Commit" option gives the following messages:

  /usr/bin/cvs -f -z3 commit -m "Update 2010/11/28 16:06"
  cvs commit: No CVSROOT specified! Please use the '-d' option
  cvs [commit aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.
  CVS command failed.  See above for details

(typed by hand in case there are typos). I have verified that the CVSROOT environment variable is properly defined, and I don't see how to specify it in any alternate interface.

Any ideas?

--
Harvey